Starting Monday, March 23rd, CVA will begin its e-learning program. Teachers will be posting daily assignments and activities using Gradelink™, Google Classroom™ and Google Hangout™ and/or Google Meet™. Please read and review the Crescent View Academy E-Learning Protocols, E-Learning Agreement and Google Classroom for Parents Handbook carefully. Families should ensure they have adequate internet access, devices, and a working printer. CVA teachers will make every attempt to stay within current schedule (see below).
Recommendations while at home:
- Keep your child on a normal school schedule. They should be prepared for class as usual and take their snack and lunch breaks as scheduled.
- Imam ShemsAdeen will be delivering the morning dua every morning at 7:55 AM via phone communication. Similarly, he will post religious guidance videos at least twice a week for you to watch with your children and discuss as a family.
- We ask that everyone work together during these difficult and challenging times. Our administration and teachers understand there will be glitches, yet believe that Allah will help us by easing our minds and softening our hearts to make the best of this current situation.
As of March 18, 2020 and the executive order issued by Governor Polis, CVA will continue with the e-learning platform until April 17th.
If your child is going to be absent and not participating in the e-learning platform, please send an email to email@example.com. He/She will be marked absent and will be required to complete the work missed.
For families with students in KG-4th, you should have recently received an email from Mrs. Mariam Sabr regarding your child’s school-issued email account. This account is needed to log into their Google Classroom. Please make sure you have tried the account and that it works. If you experience any issues with the email, please contact IT@crescentview.org. Also, CVA has a limited quantity of Chromebooks that we can lend to families with special circumstances. If you are in need of a Chromebook, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and explain your situation. We will do our best to provide the equipment when possible.
Answering Kids’ Questions About the Coronavirus
This video was created by Children’s Hospital Colorado
- Talking With Children About COVID-19: Messages for Parents, School Staff and Others Working with Children – CDC
- Just for Kids: A Comic Exploring the New Coronavirus – NPR
- Talking to Children About COVID-19: A Parent Resource (PDF) – National Association of School Psychologists and National Association of School Nurses
Resources from CDC
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) provides Coronavirus 2019 guidance at a national / global level:
- Posters: Handwashing
- Posters: COVID-19 Symptoms
- Cleaning and Disinfection Recommendations
- Mental health and Coping
- Stop the Spread of Germs (PDF)
- What to Do if You Are Sick (PDF)
- What You Need to Know About COVID-19 – Fact Sheet (PDF)
- FAQ on COVID-19 and Children
- Guidance for Administrators of Childcare Programs and K-12 Schools
- Guidance for Administrators of Institutions of Higher Education
- CDC Coronavirus website