Subhan Allah, the start of 2020-2021 will be a memorable start for CVA – not only will it be our 30th year anniversary with more than 420 students enrolled, it will also be the grand-opening our new facility (Building 2) at 10855 E. Bethany Drive. And most importantly, the first Senior (12th Grade) class of 2022 will be graduating completing the first-round of High School Alumni. We look forward to a year of achievements, celebrations and success!
Please note the important back-t0-school information listed below:
- First-Day of school – Monday, August 16, 2021 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM.
- Fall Portrait – Thursday, August 19th (Retakes and Make-up will be on October 1st)
- Update: We will no longer be using Lifetouch as a vendor, as of August 2021 we will be coordinating all school photography with Van Gogh School Photographers
- Orientation Dates- Mark your calendars
- ECE (Infant, Toddler, PK) – August 11th 12:00 PM- 1:00 PM
- KG August 11th 2:00 PM- 3:00 PM
- Elementary (New Students Only) – August 12th 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM
- Middle and High School (New Students Only) August 12th 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM
- New Families Social BBQ – Saturday, August 14th time to be determined
- Uniforms – This year CVA has adopted a new uniform for grades 6th -12th grade. 6th-12th uniforms must be purchased from our vendor Verona Uniforms, a Muslim vendor working with Islamic Schools across the nation. Orders should be placed by July 15th to ensure that you receive them by the first day of school. Below is a coupon promotion for a 10% discount for early orders. We highly recommend that the PK-5th grade students also purchase the school uniform with the logo from Verona Uniforms as well. PK-5th grade uniforms can also be purchased from French Toast. By 2022-2023 all elementary uniforms will be required to be purchased from Verona Uniforms and have the school’s logo. As a reminder student outerwear and spirit gear can be purchased from the school’s spirit store. Uniform will be strictly enforced as of August 16th. Please read family handbook regarding spirit days, casual days and dress code enforcement.
- Verona Uniforms https://www.verona-uniforms.com/ Access Code: CVA21 MANDATORY ALL 6th – 12th grade student purchase school adopted uniform from Verona Uniforms
- French Toast Uniforms www.frenchtoast.com School Code: QS5XNUE – This will be the last year we use French Toast as of 2022-2023 all uniforms will be ordered from Verona and will require a logo on shirts, jumpers, sweaters etc.
- School Supplies – We will resume to our normal school supply list this year. School supplies can be purchased online or in-store. Below you will find the links to the school supplies lists for each grade starting at Infant/Nursery – High School. School supplies are expected to be at school by the 1st day of class. Click Here for School Supply List
- School Calendar – Click on the link provided to view the 2021-2022 School Calendar. The online calendar will be available on the school’s website and Gradelink portal. Please review the calendar regularly when planning your personal trips and activities. We ask that you limit unnecessary absences when possible.
- Family Handbooks – This year there will be an ECE Family Handbook, Elementary Family Handbook and a Middle/High School Family Handbook. Family Handbooks will be updated and available online by August 1st. Please check back for links
- Hot Lunch and Cafeteria Services- Please check back for updates by August 1st.
- Drop-off and Pick-up- Please check back for updates by August 1st.
- Summer Assignments – See email for updates by June 30th. This only applies to 5th -11th grades.