Dear Students and Parents,
Assalamu Alaikum. Welcome to the new school year at Crescent View Academy. We hope you have had a restful summer and are all set for an exciting and productive new year.
This CVA Family Handbook 2019-2020 outlines all the important information you need to know about the policies, procedures and expectations at our school. We urge parents to read it thouroughly and acquaint their children with the relevant rules and policies. Should you require further assistance, you are invited to visit the school’s web page at www.crescentview.org or to call us at (303) 745-2245. We will be happy to assist you.
We look forward to your participation in the Crescent View Academy community. Together we can work together to provide our children with an excellent education.
*Key areas to note: (As of Fall 2021)
Cell Phones, Headphones and Electronic Devices Policy:
1. Smart phones and cell phones are not permissible at school for middle schoolers.
2. Middle School students who are caught with a smart phone or cell phone on school campus will have it confiscated for 30 days.
3. Wired headphone and wireless headphones and or ear pods are not permissible at Crescent View Academy during regular and after school hours. Headphones (wired or wireless) that are found on school premises will be confiscated for 30 days.
1. During regular school hours or after school while on campus: Smart Phones or cell phones and other electronic communication devices may only be used for silent activities only during students’ free time.
2. All High School students must place their smart phones or cell phones in the classroom’s device parking lot and should not be visible or used during class time without the explicit permission of the instructor.
3. Devices should also not be visible or used during assemblies, prayers times, class or advisory meetings, unless otherwise directed.
4. If an administrator, teacher or school staff sees a student inappropriately using a cell phone on the school campus or using any unapproved electronic device in class, school staff may confiscate it and give it to the appropriate administrator which can be held for 30 days.
5. Wired headphone and wireless headphones and or ear pods are not permissible at Crescent View Academy during regular and after school hours. Headphones (wired or wireless) that are found on school premises will be confiscated for 30 days.
*** Phones and personal devices fall under the category of “computer technology‚” and are subject to Crescent View Academy’s Electronic Communication Acceptable Use Policy.